About this site
Between the years 2000 and 2006, the Members for Democracy (MFD), a rag-tag group of labour union reformers, ran a web site at the domain address www.ufcw.net.
In November of 2005, at the conclusion of a 5 year legal dispute with the United Food & Commercial Workers International Union, the Supreme Court of British Columbia issued a decision ordering MFD to stop using the ufcw.net domain name.read more >>
Most popular articles
- Mondo Condo: A history in Pictures
- Understanding Last Chance Agreements
- Changing Unions - The Straight Goods on Mainstream Labour's Biggest Taboo
- The Straight Goods on the Duty of Fair Representation - p.01
- Real Canadian Superstores: The UFCW's Low Wage Wasteland
- And Justice For Us
- Sins of the Father
- Full Disclosure :: the UFCW Canada Pension Plan :: 02 :: The Best Laid Plans
- The Haunted Houses of Labour
- Concession Bargaining - How Not To
Most popular news
- Settlement at Springhill Farms
- Corporate Time Thieves Busted
- UFCW appeals LRB decision on Lomans MOU
- Weekly Review: Vulgar Displays of Power
- Stern Sucks Again
- Mondo Condo: Number 9, Number 9, Number 9...
- MFD Weekend: Watt the Hell?
- Words are Weapons: The Zapatistas and Alternative Economics Tour
- Weekly Review: Men Who Sleep With Dogs
- The Next Step
- The Future for Workers
- Full Disclosure :: the UFCW Canada Pension Plan :: 00
- Mondo Condo Unplugged
- Full Disclosure :: the UFCW Canada Pension Plan :: 01
- Civilized To the Edge of Uncivilization
- CEO's - The new terrorists allowed to hijack the American Dream
- A Free and Independent Press is the Lifeblood of the Power Source
- Part 05 - One of Us
- The Tools of Disempowerment - Unplugged - p.02
- Mediation - Inside - p.02
Most popular weekly
- Invisible men: Union corruption in Canada
- Our Brother's Rights
- Freedom for our People
- 'When did you become a labour relations expert?'
- Manufacturing Controversy or Manufacturing Consent?
- You have the right to remain silent
- Vice Chair Strangelove: How he learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.
- Knowledge is Power Knowing How Little You Have Is Not
- Sweethearts or Biz-Unions?
- How to Bargain: Chuck the Rule Book, Farley
Most popular topic
- Song For The Week
- zehrs 1977 offer
- Absenteeism - Culpable or Non-Culpable
- Maplegrove Warehouse Workers
- Terminated while Disabled: Labatt's Dirty Little Secret
- Regulator in the Sack with UFCW Pension Crew?
- Reformer to visit Loblaws 'flagship'
- Supercenter vs. Superstore
- Checking in: What's Up At the Travelodge?