Mondo Condo Unplugged: Up Close and Personal with the Man Behind the Plan
Since beginning our long hard look at events at the west end Toronto hotel that is the subject of our Mondo Condo feature, questions about what's going there have piled up:
- Why is the hotel being sold off as condo units?
- Why is the UFCW's Canadian Commercial Industry Pension Plan - a part owner of the property - going along with this conversion even though it will mean layoffs for the UFCW members who work there?
- What happened to the millions of dollars that CCWIPP loaned to the previous owner?
- Who is Joe Ieradi, the man behind the conversion project?
- Is there a connection between him and the UFCW or its pension plan?
- Is he a part of their "exit strategy" from this not-very-impressive investment?
A while back, labour journalist Hugh Finnamore contacted Ieradi. This weekend, we're please to bring you the discussion that ensued. Most of the questions continue to linger but some light has been shed on at least one: Does Ieradi have a UFCW connection? Check it out and decide for yourself.
All files are 128kbps (low quality) mp3's
- Complete interview - (time: 13:14 | size: 12.3 mb's)
- part 01 - (time: 1:22 | size: 1.2 mb's)
- part 02 - (time: 1:01 | size: 967 kb's)
- part 03 - (time: 0:23 | size: 371 kb's)
- part 04 - (time: 0:54 | size: 853 kb's)
- part 05 - (time: 0:52 | size: 815 kb's)
- part 06 - (time: 0:46 | size: 721 kb's)
- part 07 - (time: 1:22 | size: 1.3 mb's)
- part 08 - (time: 1:34 | size: 1.5 mb's)
- part 09 - (time: 1:00 | size: 941 kb's)
- part 10 - (time: 1:00 | size: 939 kb's)
- part 11 - (time: 0:50 | size: 793 kb's)
- part 12 - (time: 1:10 | size: 1.1 mb's)
- part 13 - (time: 0:55 | size: 869 kb's)