About this site
Between the years 2000 and 2006, the Members for Democracy (MFD), a rag-tag group of labour union reformers, ran a web site at the domain address www.ufcw.net.
In November of 2005, at the conclusion of a 5 year legal dispute with the United Food & Commercial Workers International Union, the Supreme Court of British Columbia issued a decision ordering MFD to stop using the ufcw.net domain name.read more >>
Most popular articles
- Mondo Condo: A history in Pictures
- Understanding Last Chance Agreements
- Changing Unions - The Straight Goods on Mainstream Labour's Biggest Taboo
- The Straight Goods on the Duty of Fair Representation - p.01
- Real Canadian Superstores: The UFCW's Low Wage Wasteland
- And Justice For Us
- Sins of the Father
- Full Disclosure :: the UFCW Canada Pension Plan :: 02 :: The Best Laid Plans
- The Haunted Houses of Labour
- Concession Bargaining - How Not To
Most popular news
- Settlement at Springhill Farms
- Corporate Time Thieves Busted
- UFCW appeals LRB decision on Lomans MOU
- Weekly Review: Vulgar Displays of Power
- Stern Sucks Again
- Mondo Condo: Number 9, Number 9, Number 9...
- MFD Weekend: Watt the Hell?
- Words are Weapons: The Zapatistas and Alternative Economics Tour
- Weekly Review: Men Who Sleep With Dogs
- The Next Step
- Getting More Out of Grievances p.03 - Using Communication To Get What You Want
- The Parasites who Measure Workers Destiny in Dollars and Cents - Part 2
- Men Who Sleep With Dogs
- Mondo Condo Makeover P.04 - Deconstruction
- Mondo Condo Makeover P.07: Who Jacked Your Jobs
- The space between our two worlds
- Losing the Illusion
- Lomans - D.I.Y. Banner Brigade
- The Straight Goods on the Duty of Fair Representation - p.02 - The Duty to Go Through the Motions
- BC Ferries Workers' Militancy: Will the System Men Sink it?
Most popular weekly
- Invisible men: Union corruption in Canada
- Our Brother's Rights
- Freedom for our People
- 'When did you become a labour relations expert?'
- Manufacturing Controversy or Manufacturing Consent?
- You have the right to remain silent
- Vice Chair Strangelove: How he learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.
- Knowledge is Power Knowing How Little You Have Is Not
- Sweethearts or Biz-Unions?
- How to Bargain: Chuck the Rule Book, Farley
Most popular topic
- Song For The Week
- zehrs 1977 offer
- Absenteeism - Culpable or Non-Culpable
- Maplegrove Warehouse Workers
- Terminated while Disabled: Labatt's Dirty Little Secret
- Regulator in the Sack with UFCW Pension Crew?
- Reformer to visit Loblaws 'flagship'
- Supercenter vs. Superstore
- Checking in: What's Up At the Travelodge?